Sunday, November 12, 2006
I've gotten incredibly slack with my blog lately. I think it's because after writing all day at work, i come home and just couldn't be bothered writing anything else.

I've also become increasingly paranoid about he reprecussions of blogging. I think that's why i deleted my last blog. I was scared that sometime in the future, my stupid views and personality traits will come back and bite me square on the backside. Don't believe me? Take the case of poor Mr Gary Anderton, a 24 year old Liberal running for a seat in Lyndhurst ( i think...not too sure) Anyway, this young man had a blog in 2004 in which he stupidly made a number of racist comments involving Aboriginal people and other ethnicities such as Indian.

We all know that the liberals are a sorry bunch but it doesn't get anymore sad than this.

Gary Anderton on his blog:

"I could go back to genetics … the majority of Australian Aboriginals have a drinking or physical abuse disorder. The percentage is higher than another (sic) cultural group …

"Let's be honest, Aboriginals and success do not necessarily go hand-in-hand … Aboriginals are 'ignorant, discriminatory and prejudicial individuals'."


EXCUSE ME MR ANDERTON. In case you haven't checked, Aboriginal people are strong...we've endured almost a hundred years of cultural genocide at the hands of Europeans and is there even a real 'drinking or physical abuse disorder'- is that scientific??? NIT had a HUGE go at him in Blackchat - a political gossip column on Indigenous affairs. You can find the article here: www.nit.com.au/opinion/story.aspx?id=8362

He also commented on Indian doctors in Australia in which he described one as "an Indian doctor, of all things, that absolutely stunk and obviously received a full fee degree. In other words, (he had) no idea."

How much more offensive can you get?

He has now basically wrecked his chances of winning his electorate, which i heard was unwinnable anyway.

But anyway, that's why i've been a bit paranoid. But one of my favourite bloggers, Iris, has commissioned me to a tag, and because i like Iris, and I like tags...well i couldn't say no!!


Rules are:
1. Write 8-10 things about childhood that you miss.
2. Write 8-10 things that you disliked about childhood.
3. Tag a few people.


The things i miss...
1. Having no responsibilities - i loved being able to wake up and know that i didn't have much on. I could come home from school, do 15 minutes of homework then ride around the neighbourhood on my bike.
2. My naivity - i'm still pretty naive, but i liked thinking the best of people... it's sad that we live in a world where we have to watch out for everyone and lock our doors at night.
3. Sitting on my mum and dad's lap - it's the best thing ever but now i'm too big and i have two little brothers who steal it away from me! haha i don't mind though.
4. Feeling that special fuzzy feeling when i went to look at Christmas lights, and getting those butterflies on Christmas eve, thinking what santa was going to bring me! I don't get it now cause i realize the materialism of christmas, and i would rather celebrate Jesus' birth in a more spiritual way.
5. My sister and I had many role plays we used to constantly play out, but they were pretty much the same just in different forms. For example, we used to play Indians - but Hayley used to play the younger pretty one who ran off wiht the cowboy and i used to play the sensible older sibling obsessed with my horse. Then we'd play mermaids and Hayley used to be the younger prettier one who was going to marry the Prince of the Pacific (go figure) andi was the older sensible one who was obsessed with my sea horse...the plots never really changed.
6. Being good at sport - i was actually quite good when i was younger but i got slower and lazier when i got older! Now i can barely run aroudn the block without getting puffed :)
7. I used to play this game where i changed my bike into a horse. I put shoelaces on the handlebars and used them as reins and i used to have a fake horse studio in my backyard and did fake horse shows where i played everyone so i could always win.
8. Not caring about my appearance. Being pretty or thin or neat isn't important when your a child, cause your automatically cute. When you grow up you have to deal with the burden of vanity!
9. I had to add this one for the girls - not having "that time of the month" haha

The Things I don't miss

1. Going to bed at 8:30 every night - how on earth did i do it?
2. sibling wars!! :)- haha, it still happens but i agree with you Iris!
3. Silly pity little fights with friends over misplaced pencil cases and little boys who don't matter!
4. the lack of knowledge
5. no money :(
6. Not being taken seriously
7. not being allowed to watch certain movies
8. having to stay in one spot for so long - i was in the same town for 17 years!


Yay!
ALl done!
I tag Melissa, Chris and Kate...

Luv Amy
posted by Lidia @ 2:26 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "special fuzzy feeling" -- we all miss that... innocence lost :(
    Man!who is this Iris?? ;)
    BTW, 18 ain't old!! Infact one can be a kid anytime anywhere any age if they want!!

    You have done a great job the tag! I am sure that the person who tagged u is immensely pleased :)

    and dont worry about speaking your mind... If u believe in something, I would guess that you stick with it and wont change it to gain something. and if u indeed realize something about it and then change your mind, guess then u have nothing to hide...
    so Amy, I don't think you necessarily have to worry about blogging. And if u still need protection for another reason, go anonymous!

    But i can understand the first reason though! :) makes a lot of sense. Blog slow... blog when u really feel like it... none of us are going anywhere.. we will be around to catch up!

    Cheeeeers Mayt!!

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Lidia said…

    Sojourner - haha, i keep forgetting i'm 18!!!! But it's not like your that old yourself!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its possible that age too is all in our heads... SO i am like a young man thinking that he is an old man who wants to be a kid... quite round about, it isn't it? :)
    but tell you what dude, you can feel like a few decades older in the space of a few minutes... depends on some of the experiences we get, i guess!

    take care
    sees yas laters!

     
  • At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great list. I can totally relate to losing my naivete. Sometimes I think 'gosh I am sooo jaded'. It is such a shame!

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger All Is Whole said…

    Victim of Tagging......
    Good Going!!!!!!!

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Mumbai Guy said…

    Good post and very well written. I think quite a few of bloggers share this thought of yours on how our blog can affect us. Maybe that is one reason I try to avoid using real names and pics.

    You can either put real thoughts or real you. Never both.

    Just my 2 cents.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks for the comment Amy :)
    Nice poem huh? Just made another one.. damn.. i was too late post this one:) [otherwise you would have read both at one go].
    BTW, I missed the shower too... IT was and STILL IS too darn cloudy.

    Very busy mayt? How ARE u?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Want to know more?
My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia
Udah Lewat
Archives
Condensed list of places to visit
India Peru Iran Brunei Uganda Burundi Hong Kong Canada Colombia New Caledonia Guinea-Bissau Malta Micronesia PNG Thailand the Moon.
Quote of the moment

Genuine politics -- even politics worthy of the name -- the only politics I am willing to devote myself to -- is simply a matter of serving those around us: serving the community and serving those who will come after us. Its deepest roots are moral because it is a responsibility expressed through action, to and for the whole. - Vaclav Havel

Sites Amy Visits
Template By
Free Blogger Templates