Saturday, October 07, 2006
I am not a SELLOUT!

Contrary to public opinion…well Chris’ opinion…I am not a sellout! This is my response to claims that my half Chinese half Australian, anatomical vocabulary obsessed friend has made about me to bloggerworld.

1. Amy is a sell out
My response: I am not a sell out. Because I shunned hair straighteners throughout high school, did not grow my fringe like all the other girls in grade 3 and stuck by my morals that I don’t have to wear yellow just because it’s the new black…practically my whole life. I also did not give in to pressure to conform to the stereotypical view of ‘teenager’ and did not once let myself touch any clothing that was heinously overpriced because of its designer name tag. Therefore, I am not a sell out.

2. I make stuff up
My response: Chris didn’t actually accuse me of making stuff up, but his persistence in wearing that shirt made me believe that there was an ulterior motive behind just wanting to look good. We first all noticed that shirt in Journalism class and we all had a good laugh. I’m pretty sure that he wore that shirt on our first day as AESM. I’m also sure he wore that shirt on all of our frequent rendezvous on the top floor of the library. Ok, maybe he didn’t. And maybe he wasn’t insinuating that I make stuff up. But the simple fact of the matter is I don’t. I don’t make stuff up. Only Melissa does.

3. I am really a mutant ninja alien turtle from Uranus.
My response: You are.


I have been having a grand old time lately. It is only two months before December…that means two months until Christmas, two months until my mothers birthday, two months until we begin the month’s countdown to new years eve but most importantly, it’ll be two months until I get to return home! Because however gammon Rockhampton is, you still miss it when you leave it!

Down to this blog business. I deleted my other blog in a moment of lunacy in which I just decided that I was sick of it and therefore wanted to delete it. However, I can still find it in cache version so I’m not too worried.

My new blog is exactly the same title as my old one. In fact, there is nothing different to it besides a new layout and the fact I deleted all the entries in the old one.

Lately I have been missing Vanuatu with a passion. This is due to three factors. 1. My uncle from Tanna rang the other day. 2. I’ve been listening to Vanuatu music on my mp3 player. 3. My mum sent me photos from when she was over there earlier this year.

Melissa is in a very happy stage of life right now. I’m not going to comment very much on it but I hope everything works out. I also want Melissa to marry an Australian man so she can stay in Australia forever!! Mwahahaha…to steal her catchphrase web laugh which she doesn’t actually do in person.

Now onto some important Australian history.

Here is the South Sea Islander Flag:




The South Sea Islanders were only recognised in the year 2000 as a distinct ethnic group. The Australian South Sea Islanders are the descendents of Pacific Islanders who were taken from their homelands and taken to Queensland during the late 19th Century, to work as labourers in prosperous industries like sugar cane. This practise bordered and even became downright slavery. As a black minority living in the days of the White Australia Policy, the South Sea Islander people endured racial prejudice and cultural belittlement. Now, after many years, some South Sea Islander people are returning to their ancestral homelands to reconnect with their own families.

Here is the Aboriginal Flag:




The Aboriginal flag was designed by Harold Thomas, a Luritja man from Central Australia and is recognized around the world as a symbol for Aboriginal Australia’s fight for recognition and justice in this predominately white Australian biased country. Waving this flag and acknowledging it is more than just saying “I am Aboriginal”, it is about confirming your identity and making a public statement saying that you are proud of what you are and you will continue to fight against the powers that continually try to dampen the spirit of Aboriginal Australia.

The colours of the Aboriginal flag are symbolic. Black represents the Aboriginal people, red represents the red earth and a spiritual relation to the land, and yellow represents the sun – the giver of life. (www.vibe.com.au)


I think it is extremely important to know your identity and recognize where you came from. I am Australian but I am a South Sea Islander and an Aboriginal girl foremost. I think it is important to understand your own history in order to move forward.

Luv Amy
posted by Lidia @ 4:44 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Movie Mazaa said…

    U deleted ur old blog???
    :(

     
  • At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear NOT A SELLOUT Amy
    I am not happy about you deleting the old blog... how can u delete history and say that you have to be proud of it huh?? x)
    I dont care.. U are forgiven already. Just glad that you are back on the scene... I still dont understand y u wud delete it!!

    U can make stuff up (so long as it is made known that it is made up before you say it :)... we make stuff up all the time on the blog ;)

    >>anatomical vocabulary<< that is a decent way of saying it :)

    And the flag info was very useful!!

    I like the new template too. [but y on earth wud u delet that old blog?]
    Grr!!

    and regariding the dolphin...
    I luuuuvvvvv dolphins(nature in general, but a big soft spot for dolphins) and it just turned out that i can overload the entire poem with multiple meanings... depends on who reads it.. It was amazing how many ways one can interpret it. Plus, i want to write more like this... about nature.

    Good to see you on the scene again ... mighty good onya mayt!

    ~
    Sojourner 'Iris'

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Identity is within, not without.
    Be proud of your genes; only thing the world can't change.
    Not even your neighbour, regardless of where you live.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Amy,

    I'm really sorry I called you a sellout, I was joking when I said it but I guess now I have an easier time understanding why people at school still persist in calling me a faggot when they see me. I'm going to try and monitor my words in future. :-$

    PS. There is photographic evidence that I did not wear *Da Shirt* on my first day as a member of the A*E*S*M.

    PPS. I never called you a ninja turtle... to the best of my recollection, then again one does tend to get caught up in days and minutes of name-calling don't they...

    PPPS... um... um... Melissa.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Finbarpurpleton said…

    I do not make up stuff! You're a big liar Amy! Ha ha ha just kidding I mean I am not kidding...I mean I am kidding! No seriously. I liked your old blog :( but your new one is nice...
    Oh yes and the happy stage gone...just as quickly as it happened FERGUS! I mean FIGURES. Don't worry your not a selloutt! Chris is a doo doo head and once again I do not make stuff up. I write stuff but I do not make it there is a slight difference.

    Melissa :)

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :)... so you have deleted your blog... join the club...

    I have done it a couple of times myself... :).. only difference I open it under a different name... why?? who knows... just madness :)

    Liked the little info on flags and sounth sea islanders... do keep writing... :)

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    Good to see you back! :)

    Had been searching for your blog. havent found it yet. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Want to know more?
My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia
Udah Lewat
Archives
Condensed list of places to visit
India Peru Iran Brunei Uganda Burundi Hong Kong Canada Colombia New Caledonia Guinea-Bissau Malta Micronesia PNG Thailand the Moon.
Quote of the moment

Genuine politics -- even politics worthy of the name -- the only politics I am willing to devote myself to -- is simply a matter of serving those around us: serving the community and serving those who will come after us. Its deepest roots are moral because it is a responsibility expressed through action, to and for the whole. - Vaclav Havel

Sites Amy Visits
Template By
Free Blogger Templates