Thursday, October 19, 2006
Hey all!

Right now I am in Swan Hill in Victoria. It's been a nice stay, it's a normal little town three hours drive from Melbourne. I didn't get to see much of Melbourne unfortunately but i don't think i'll have to worry that much about it cause i'm sure to visit it sometime in my lifetime! I was just thinking of how many plane trips i've made this year and i came up with a sum. 34. Thirty four plane trips so far. And now i am getting a bit sick of Qantas food! But i love travelling. I think life without travel would be incredibly dull. Even travelling to the next town, which may only be a half an hour away, is exciting. I remember going down to Yeppoon ( a coastal town right near Rockhampton) with my family and just enjoying life. There is nothing better than fish and chips on the beach with the people you love most!

My favourite place in the whole wide world is a creek in Port Vila ,Vanuatu. It just has such a nice feeling about it and when you go there you feel like your transported back in time. When my family went over at the start of the year my sister and me begged our friend to take us down there. He couldn't really see the fun in it cause it's not new or foreign to him. He barely ever goes down. I remember thinking that if i lived where he lived i would go down there every afternoon and swim or journal or dream under the trees! It seriously looks like a scene from lord of the rings, only prettier and with a distinct island flavour.

The creek winds through lush greeness, past grazing cows and large bunyan trees. It keeps going past plantations and little houses with children running out the front. In the Bible it says that in Heaven there are many mansions. I've always heard pastors talking about how God will fufill your every desire in heaven and will give you whatever your heart wants. I've heard them say that everytime we do something right, God adds another treasure to our mansion. It may not be literal and not entirely biblical, but if it's true, i would love to have a small house by the side of this creek in Heaven.

And if there are animals in Heaven i would have an Asian elephant and heaps of monkeys in my backyard. I would even have snakes cause i like snakes but i would never ever ever have spiders. Spiders freak me out. I hate all their legs that scuttle about. Just thinking of them gives me the shivers! I don't even like crabs because they remind me of spiders. i call them the spiders of the ocean.

They say that if you like snakes you'll hate spiders and vice versa. I think this is true because i've never been scared of snakes but i have a terrible phobia of spiders. My friend elizabeth once told me I had a spider on my arm and i screamed. The stupid thing about that was she told me over the phone. It didn't occur to me that she couldn't see me so therefore couldn't see if there was a spider on my arm or not.

I wonder why some people are scared of somethings and others aren't. It may come down to a bad experience but i've never had a bad experience with a spider, i just hate them. My friend can't go in water where she can't see the bottom. We went to the Cotter the other day, which is a river near Canberra, and i waded out into the deep bits but because she couldn't see the bottom she stayed in the shallow. But she's not scared of the things i'm scared of although she doesn' t particularly have a fondness for spiders.

But anyway, by tomorrow afternoon i will be in Sydney with my friends Melissa and chris. AESM REUNION! YAY!! I'm so incredibly excited!!!

Luv amy
posted by Lidia @ 2:02 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Amy,
    thanks for the comment.. nothing happened to me on the 13th either.. i just remembered that i must write about it soon.

    I did not think that line was clever until u told me so.. hmm.. now i see more than one meaning in it :).. it is good!!

    34 times in a year? Do u have a frequent flyer's pass or something?

    And creatures that can be easily... lets say "damaged" (as in pulped... yheeewww) are a no no for me... I am just afraid that i will hurt them :). I too am scared of bottom less water.. especially since i cant swim ;) LOL..

    U indeed paint a very serene picture of vanuatu... its wonderful. Thanks!

    Happy reunion to you and Take care!

    Cheers Mayt!

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger che said…

    i like that - asian animals . i would like to play w/ the tiger and elephants !

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow! :)
    thanks Amy.
    oh i would go to outerspace too!
    just that recently (like yesteray ;), i was reading about the twin paradox... basically amounts to something like time travel.. (but not quite)... space is fine.. but here we are talking about huge distances... we need to travel really fast to reach those places.. like nearly at the speed of light... the faster we travel, the slower the clock... all attributed to "relativity"..
    but yeah, if i wrote all that, then u wont have read it :)
    So i just left it there with a nice story :)

    How was/is your sydney trip?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Want to know more?
My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia
Udah Lewat
Archives
Condensed list of places to visit
India Peru Iran Brunei Uganda Burundi Hong Kong Canada Colombia New Caledonia Guinea-Bissau Malta Micronesia PNG Thailand the Moon.
Quote of the moment

Genuine politics -- even politics worthy of the name -- the only politics I am willing to devote myself to -- is simply a matter of serving those around us: serving the community and serving those who will come after us. Its deepest roots are moral because it is a responsibility expressed through action, to and for the whole. - Vaclav Havel

Sites Amy Visits
Template By
Free Blogger Templates