Sunday, October 15, 2006
Dogs are weird creatures. I recently moved in with a new girl, Arika and her mum Tjanara. Both are awesome but they've been having little trouble with the three dogs. One dog, Amp, jumps the fence and steals the other dog's food. Another dog, Charlie, burrows under the fence and barks at innocent children and elderly people on scooters who go by our house. The last dog, Sam, is an old sweetie who never does a thing wrong in our eyes.

But Amp left a very smelly surprise in the lounge room the other day and Charlie peed all over my bed!! So guess who Arika called? A dog tech, a certified dog tech. He sat us both down and told us exactly how we should be treating the dogs. Rule number one. Make them know who's boss. We have to show them that we control their lives, it is only through us that they get fed, it is only through us that they are able to live their carefree doggy dog lives. All other rules stem from this rule. Arika and I have to ignore the dogs for two weeks, only feed them at night, never pat them, refrain from playing games with them and teach them how to sit.

After one day we have had limited success. Charlie now sits on command. Amp no longer jumps up on us. Sam is the same old sweetie he always was. But Charlie still burrows under the fence and Amp still jumps it. Today i had to run down a busy road in my pyjamas and drag Charlie back!!!

Dogs are just weird!!!

On other news, today hs been a good day. Arika is cleaning out her closet and she has given me a whole stack of clothes, most of which is designer and stuff she has only worn a few times! Gotta love that girl!

WE also went to the circus the other night. It was fun. We were laughing at one of the "hungarian acrobats" ( who spoke in an Aussie accent) because he kept on casting glnces and flirtacious smiles at this blonde girl in the front row..who happenned to be around sixteen! We were just like, you old perve! They had lions and elephants and monkeys and ponies and clowns and donuts and fairy floss and fans that lit up with pretty colours which Arika just had to buy!

Arika's dad had travelled aroudn with the same circus ages ago so he knew all the behind the scenes stuff. He said that the performers never talk to the stage crew and that the animals aren't very well treated. that's why everyone looks so unhappy during their performances. He also said the reason that we aren't aloud to take photos in side was becuse they didn't want people to see how badly they treated the animals and use it against them or something along those lines. It kind of hurts your perception of the circus when you hear all that stuff. I've been obsessed with the circus for a while cause i like the whole mystique surrounding the art form. But it's not so much as an art form - it's really just become a tacky commercial travelling dump...it's lost it's mystique, but that's probably because i'm growing up.

I'm goign to Victoria on Tuesday then i'm going to Sydney to see Chris and Melissa! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! I seriously can't wait!!!! Chris and his other half is going to take me and melissa to Toronga Zoo! And i want to see the Harbour bridge nd the Opera House and everything! It's gonna be awesome fun!!

Luv Amy
posted by Lidia @ 9:22 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i thought u had trouble with dogs in your previous accomodation too?
    And the new pic on the profile is nicer :)... taken same day? or the dress is coincidence?

    So more material for the circus novel?
    Hey have loads of fun in victoria!! :)

    Take care!!

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Movie Mazaa said…

    Couldnt agree with more, regarding the canines. Yet, at times, they seem so lovable too!!!

    :)
    Hope u have a fantoo time with ur friends!!

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Movie Mazaa said…

    ***couldnt agree with you more****

    Eessshhh... these typos!
    :)

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oops! forgot to say:
    Me too (i like that aint no sunshine song.. a LOT!)
    I keep changing the layout, just for fun.. keeps me occupied and relaxed too :)

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Finbarpurpleton said…

    Hey Amy, I can't wait to hang out with you in Sydney!

    I love dogs but I must admit they can be a handful.

    Melissa :)

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi, Amy!

    I've never been a huge fan of dogs, I mean, I do like them but usually from a distance! :) I would go simply ballistic is someone's dog peed on my bed, ewwwww!

    What a great blog! I'm curious - how and when did your love affair with India begin? As you may have guessed from my blog, I'm Indian and I just love to know how others view my country.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger princessjo1988 said…

    hi! jo here...

    Ummmm interesting views on dogs............


    lol....

    thanks for the message on my site!!

    Jo

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Want to know more?
My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia
Udah Lewat
Archives
Condensed list of places to visit
India Peru Iran Brunei Uganda Burundi Hong Kong Canada Colombia New Caledonia Guinea-Bissau Malta Micronesia PNG Thailand the Moon.
Quote of the moment

Genuine politics -- even politics worthy of the name -- the only politics I am willing to devote myself to -- is simply a matter of serving those around us: serving the community and serving those who will come after us. Its deepest roots are moral because it is a responsibility expressed through action, to and for the whole. - Vaclav Havel

Sites Amy Visits
Template By
Free Blogger Templates